Microsoft has announced that the next major update to Windows 10, the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, is coming on August 2, 2016!
The Anniversary Update includes notable updates and features for both consumers and enterprises including:
· Windows Ink, an all-new experience that puts the power of Windows in the tip of a digital pen
· Enhancements to Cortana and Edge, boosting efficiency and accessibility
· New gaming experiences for Windows 10 and Xbox One with Xbox Play Anywhere
· More security features for the most secure Windows, with improvements to Windows Hello, Windows Defender, and additional benefits for enterprise customers
· New tools for the modern classroom to enable teachers to set up devices more easily, create secure online assessments and more
Just one year in, Windows 10 is now running on more than 350 million devices, and engagement is on fire with more than 135 billion hours of use since launch.
To experience these new features as soon as they’re available, Microsoft is encouraging everyone to upgrade to Windows 10 today and take advantage of the free upgrade offer before it ends on July 29, 2016.
Please refer to the release attached and appended for the full details.
For more information on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, check out this blog post from Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft’s Windows and Devices Group.